Thursday, July 28, 2011

10 Songs for Summer

I've been hanging onto some of these songs for a while until I got a good playlist for you (and the time to post them). Make sure you go all of the way down and check out my summer anthem by Dirty Gold.

Like what you hear? Comment and send me links for more new stuff!

10. Kings of Leon - Back Down South
This song really reminds me of growing up in Kentucky... I haven't been a big fan of the latest Kings of Leon singles, but this one is more like their old work than the stuff you hear on the radio.


9. James Morrison - If You Don't Want to Love Me
Not new, but new to me


8. Childish Gambino - Freaks and Geeks
You might recognize Donald Glover from the NBC show Community (he's also a writer for 30 Rock).


7. Adele - Someone Like You
Adele, still going strong on the charts


6. Manchester Orchestra - Simple Math
Some of ATL's finest - I saw them in concert a few years ago.


5. Blue Foundation - Eyes on Fire (Zeds Dead Remix)
Just hearing this for the first time, it's been out for a while. It kind of reminds me of a trippy version of The XX.


4. Grouplove - Colours
Another song you hear every now and then on XM.


3. The Black Keys - Next Girl
One of my favorite bands of all time.


2. Cults - Go Outside
I'm starting to hear this on XM a lot and I'm guessing you'll hear it on mainstream radio this fall.


And the number one song goes to...


1. Dirty Gold - California Sunrise
And finally, ending strong with MY SUMMER ANTHEM!!!


Honorable mention: Frank Ocean - Novacane

No comments:

Post a Comment