Monday, February 15, 2010

Train crash in Brussels

Yesterday there was a train accident in Brussels at ~8:30 am local time near Halle, just south of the city center. I was on another train at that time on the same line, but north of the city. Yes, I am ok for those that have inquired. I didn't even find out about the accident until I got to work... a friend that works for CNN was traveling from London to Brussels to cover the story and told me.

I get on about 3 stops from where it happened (from a connection at Noord Station) and get off at Vilvoorde. Apparently the local train and an international train met head on, causing 18 deaths. There's no word on why it happened yet, but the trains were running tonight on my way home from work.

I'll be on the train again tomorrow as long as they are running. I guess things like this happen every day, but should it affect you?

No comments:

Post a Comment