Thursday, February 10, 2011

From Paradise to THIS?

After my last week of surfing and record heat, I came back to Atlanta to snow.  SNOW.  I have a tan, my best attempt at a beard and haven't had a haircut since June. It makes me a little hard to recognize and I'm definitely not the same person. A few days before I left I got together with some friends in Surry Hills and had a little going away party. It's such a bittersweet feeling to leave a place I have grown to love. I am going to have a tough time living anywhere that isn't near waves and sand. I joined a daily email list called Aquabumps that I read every day. The guy that runs the site gives a daily surf report for Bondi and has some amazing photography skills. He shoots a lot of sunsets and wave shots, which I have been a fan of long before I went to Australia (if you've seen the painting above my bed, you'll understand).

I am truly going to miss everyone and everything in my second home. I've made lifelong friends - some that will always live in Australia, some that are from the US, and some that are from random corners of the world.  I'll be back someday, hopefully soon.
On the upside... I'm home for a week and get to see my friends and then I'm off to the OC to continue working on this project that has taken me all over!

No comments:

Post a Comment