Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I Went and Found a Girl

When I first moved to California last year, my friend Rameen linked me up with a Kentucky girl named Lindsay. We only hung out once in 2011 but chatted back and forth online pretty frequently while working. I'm still not quite sure how I wore her down, but we went on our first true date a few weeks ago and it looks like this could be a very good thing. I haven't felt this kind of potential in YEARS, and that's not just the infatuation talking. I mean, I am infatuated, but still. She has all of the traits of my ideal girl and that's something I haven't found since high school. She seems to like me too, so I didn't hesitate in posting all of this here. It's nice to have someone that recognizes the same potential in you.

Now that my project is wrapping up in California, I had the chance to go back to Australia or back to Atlanta if I chose. Both were tempting, but I'm going to stick it out here for a while. I don't think I'll ever get tired of living on the beach and this might be something worth staying to see what happens. I've spent a lot of time on the road over the past few years - this blog has been based around that. I might have actually found a reason to keep coming back here.

I heard a song by Dawes called Time Spent In Los Angeles that summed it up nicely. I know it's cheesy and whatever, but give me a break. It's been a long time coming.

These days my friends don’t seem to know me
Without my suitcase in my hand
Where I am standing still
I seem to disappear
But maybe that's how I found you
Maybe that's taugh me exactly what I want
Maybe meeting you so far away from home
Is what makes it all so clear

But you got that special kind of sadness
You got that tragic set of charms
That only comes from time spent in Los Angeles
Makes me want to wrap you in my arms

2 comments:

  1. WHOA, that's intense! Hopefully it works out! :) But, man, if she reads this....talk about pressure on her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh...and DAMN! that song could have been written by you though

    ReplyDelete