Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Buying a New Car

Since I sold my old Chevy Impala (RIP!) and moved across the country a few weeks ago, I had a problem.  No transportation.  I toyed with the idea of buying a convertible... after all, I was now California dreaming.  Everything in my price range ended up being 3 to 4 years older than regular sedans.  I still went to check out a soft top at Crevier BMW anyway, just to get a test drive in.

Lindsay and I walked around the dealership for a few minutes before a sales associate helped us out.  We got in the convertible I had seen online and it was obvious from the beginning that it was too small.  Nearby that car there was a group of 328i's... they're one of the more basic models and have both 2 and 4 door options.

The 2011 I looked at had been a dealer loaner car which knocked about 10% off of the price of the other 2011s.  It was a nice dark gray and I really took more time than I should have to make the decision.  After a test drive and a meeting with their financing department, I was out of there in just a few hours with a new car!


No comments:

Post a Comment