Sunday, January 2, 2011

Field Day

Krista convinced me to go with her to Field Day, an electronic music festival held in The Domain every year. I wasn’t interested in most of the artists and some I didn’t even recognize. The ones I knew were Sleigh Bells, The Rapture, Tame Impala, Public Enemy (random, I know), Art vs. Science, Chromeo, Duck Sauce and Neon Indian. For $125, I’ll recommend to anyone reading this that you better REALLY be into the music before you go.

I learned very early on in Australia that you have to lather up on the sunscreen. It was a really hot day and the shade was minimal, so it was a must. We loaded up on water as we walked around and it was about what I expected it to be. We didn’t get there until after 2 pm and missed a few of the recognized names above, but I was happy to see Duck Sauce (see video below). You definitely have to been in the right mood (or altered state of mind) to enjoy the repetitive music, and we ended up walking away from the DS set after 30 minutes.



It was hot enough for us to abandon the concert for a while to find food that wasn’t a rip off. Our tickets allowed us to re-enter the enclosed area after 5:30, so we went down to Pancakes on the Rocks for some dinner and air conditioning. After the sun went down we headed back to Field Day to watch Public Enemy rock the stage. They performed their entire "Fear of a Black Planet" album from 1990. I must say, Flava Flav still has it after all of these years.

No comments:

Post a Comment