Friday, June 1, 2012

Hiking the Hollywood Sign

I had always thought that hiking near the Hollywood sign was illegal, but luckily that isn't the case.  I found this website with a really detailed description of how to get up to the sign.  Tim and I decided to make the trek and I used this as my guide.  I won't try to replicate the directions because that site has a lot of detail that I don't have the patience to go into.  I'll just mention that I didn't get a chance to see the Bat Cave that it mentions.

This is a fairly long but not too strenuous hike.  You need to bring along some water as it takes 3 hours round trip, but you don't have to be in peak shape to make it to the top.

Here are some pics...

On the way up the trail
Griffith Observatory in the foreground
Downtown LA
Panorama looking through the sign onto Hollywood and LA

No comments:

Post a Comment