Thursday, January 3, 2013

Best Songs of 2012

In my annual tradition of collection my favorite songs of the year, check out this year's Top 10. Here are the lists from 2009, 2010 and 2011 for a look back in time.

My favorite album of the year is actually a cover album of Fleetwood Mac hits.  But on to the individual songs.

10. The Mountain Goats - This Year

I debated on whether I wanted to put this on the list at all... but I heard it on XM over the holidays in a time when I was down and needed a good laugh. "I'm going to make it through this year if it kills me." Very true.


9. Kanye West ft. Big Sean & Jay-Z - Clique

Kanye and Jay-Z never cease to get my head bopping.


8. Atlas Genius - Trojans

I think this band is on the up and up.


7. Tim McMorris - Overwhelmed

I first heard this song on a Sam Adams commercial.


6. Fun. - Some Nights

This song definitely got overplayed on the radio, but it's still pretty good. They had a really strong first album.


5. Phillip Phillips - Home

I'm not an American Idol fan, but this former contestant is really good. At first I thought it was a Mumford & Sons song.


4. Walk The Moon - Anna Sun

Very interesting music video, but another new band that I hope turns out more music.


3. Of Monsters And Men - Little Talks

This is their debut song and they've had a little radio exposure of a few since then. Little Talks is still my favorite.


2. Imagine Dragons - It's Time

The studio version is great but I like this one even better.


1. The Lumineers - Ho Hey

I used to text my ex some of the lyrics ("I belong with you," etc...) and I really considered it 'our song'... the things that made me happy from it now make me sad, but it's just as powerful. It mentions places in New York that I am near and I still find myself humming it when I am in New York City. I'd really like to see this band live in the coming year.

No comments:

Post a Comment