Tuesday, January 8, 2013

2012 In Review

It's been a year of tough changes, ups and downs... 2012 started out with a lot of promise and then took a nose dive.  I officially moved across the country, fell in love with a girl, bought a new car, completing 60 days of Insanity (and sett a record for page views on my blog), UK won the national championship, turned 30 and had my best friends help me celebrate.  And just when things were looking great, I got my world turned upside down and ripped apart.

But the only depressing thing I want to focus on is the fact that I didn't get any stamps on my passport this year (I don't make resolutions on New Year's, but I guess this is one!) but I did get to see Alcatraz at night, Yosemite, Boston, Philadelphia and Upper New England for the first time.

I traveled 179,000 miles on Delta, took more than a month's worth or red eye flights and saw 4 new states.  I'm hoping this year brings me more leisure travel!  I'm targeting Denver, Seattle, Vancouver and anywhere far, far abroad as my travel goals for the year.

I spent New Year's relaxing on my couch with Brandon and Kelly, a couple I know from my time in Atlanta that recently decided leave Houston and move to San Francisco.  Tim drove up and my neighbor Michelle walked over.  We had a nice, quiet and stress free countdown to 2013.

Before I close up, who can forget the music?  My Best Songs of 2012 list defined, motivated and sometimes consoled me during the year.  There are some great new bands in there - let me know what you think of it all.  And Happy New Year, I really hope it's better than the last! 


No comments:

Post a Comment